Wedding Pictures

I finished my last summer class this morning, and my senior year of college begins next Wednesday. How is it possible that I'm already a senior? Granted, I will be finishing my undergraduate career in 3 years and will have spent only 5 semesters at a school where most students spend 8. In just a year I'll be beginning pharmacy school, hopefully, and that just seems impossible to me! It seems like just yesterday my parents were moving me into my freshman dorm, which is what they'll be doing later this week for my sister Julie.  Since that day, so much in my life has changed. I studied abroad, did some (but not enough) traveling, made new friends, got engaged, took the PCAT, and got married in a rush of three amazing years.

The last of that list has definitely been the most exciting and the most wonderful. Married life really is incredible! Ben and I spent the majority of our dating years in a long-distance relationship, and I truly believe that that has given us so much more of an appreciation for simply being together. I can't describe how happy it makes me being able to wake up beside my best friend every single day. I love knowing that no matter how hard my day has been at school, he will always be home later to comfort me. In the same time zone, the same zip code, and the same home, we are completely together, at last.   Sometimes, I still can't believe that we're actually husband and wife! I thank God multiple times a day for the amazing husband that he gave me, and Ben and I are both so excited to see how God is going to work through us. Sure, being this far from our family, best friends, and church family is hard, but it's allowing us to grow so much as couple. Plus, before we know it, we'll be back home where we belong. 

The wedding was two months ago, and we're still so amazed at how well it went. Other than the fact that we had to completely move the reception and change our decorating plan two days before the wedding, everything went off without a hitch! I had so many people tell me how pushed we were going to be for time, how so many things can fall apart at a wedding, and how crazy we were for getting married at 10:00 in the morning. (I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked me how early we had to start getting ready. I mean, 6:00 AM really isn't that early, y'all.)  Still, the entire day went so smoothly. We did all of our pictures beforehand and in record time, the florists and caterers did their job beautifully, and the reception went so well! My family and I were so pleased with how everything turned out, and I feel so blessed to have had my dream wedding and (almost) dream reception. 

Here are some photos from our amazing day:










I wish I could give you a complete rundown of each lovely moment that these pictures capture, but that would take hours and hours to both write and read. We are so grateful for everyone who pitched in to help make our wedding a beautiful day.  We love y'all!

Coming soon in the lives of Diana and Ben:

  • Fall classes begin next Wednesday, and I'll be taking on the lightest course load I've ever had with only 13 hours. (Granted, five of those hours consist of Organic Chemistry II.) 
  • My pharmacy school application is due in early September, and it will be followed by an interview. I should know my acceptance standing in early October.  
  • Ben's job is going extremely well. He's working at a company with some men from the church we attend here, and he loves it!
  • Our church here is wonderful! The ladies put together a fun wedding shower for us, and Ben enjoys playing basketball with the guys after church on Sunday nights. They are all so welcoming and kind, and they've made us feel right at home.
  • Between family visits, trips back home, church, and school, life is wonderfully busy and filled with people we love.
  • Hopefully I'll be able to write a post about our adorable little apartment soon. We're very proud of it!
As always, thanks for reading! I hope y'all enjoyed a small update on our lives and a sample of our wedding pictures. We love it here, and we're very excited for all of our upcoming East Tennessee adventures! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Plymouth, NZ

March 2015

Manawatu Gorge