It's Been A While...

Things we Hoots have done since we last talked...

Texas Vacation
Ben and I visited Ben's grandparents and extended family in Texas during my spring break. It was my second time in The Lone Star State, and we had such a great time! We spent one night in San Antonio and the rest of the week at Ben's grandparent's home. It was so nice to finally meet Ben's extended family; they were all so welcoming and kind. The main event in Texas was definitely eating. From the famous three-pound cinnamon roll to all the Texas fast food chains, I feel like we spent the majority of our time eating!

Girls' Trip
Grace, one of my best friends, got married in May, and the week before, we took a quick trip to Nashville and Franklin to celebrate. We stayed at an Airbnb for the very first time, and it was incredible! The place was so nice, and we had a wonderful time together. It is very rare that the four of us get to spend time together these days, so having almost two whole days to ourselves was so special. We spent the evening doing facials, playing games, and making memories that will last a lifetime.


Millington, Tennessee
After two visits to Memphis, Ben and I quickly discovered that living in Tennessee's second largest city wasn't going to be cheap. We've been spoiled with very cheap rent for a decent-sized apartment in Knoxville, so the expensive (yet tiny) apartments in Memphis were quite a shock. However, God provided a place for us to stay just outside of Memphis that is very economical and in a safe neighborhood. We'll be living in a small house on the property of a small baptist church in Millington, TN. It's about 20 minutes from campus, and we'll be helping out around the church as part of our "rent." We're so blessed to have this opportunity, and we pray that we will be a blessing to this church for the time that we'll be in West Tennessee.

Our Anniversary 
I can't believe it's been over a year since Ben and I got married! I am so thankful to have such a wonderful, loving husband, not to mention one that is willing to move all over the state with me while I finish school. We spent our anniversary weekend in Pigeon Forge, which is only about 45 minutes from us. We went to Dollywood, ate at Ben's favorite restaurant (The Old Mill), and enjoyed spending a weekend with absolutely nothing to worry about. Our first year together has been incredible, and we're so excited for many more to come!
Since I'm a Hoot now, I couldn't resist taking a picture with the little owls. :) 
Since we weren't able to take any pictures outside on our wedding day,
Mrs. Stacy took some anniversary pictures for us! I loved being able to wear my dress again!
Youth Camp
Just last week, I was able to attend our home church's youth camp near Sevierville, TN. It was such a blessing to spend some time with some of my very best friends, while also growing in my walk with God. I could write a whole series of posts on how incredible all the preaching and singing was. I'm so thankful that I was able to go, especially since I decided to attend last minute to surprise my sister, sister-in-laws, and friends. (I guess that's part of the perks of living so close to the camp.) I hope the teens in our church understand just how privileged they are to have the opportunity to go to this wonderful event. 

Amie, myself, and our dear friend Kaylee, who came all the way from Germany!
Current happenings in the Hoot home....

  • Beginning the process of packing up our apartment for our move in July. 
  • Finishing paperwork and online training for pharmacy school.
  • Spending some time with our friends in Knoxville before the big move.
  • Enjoying the last few weeks in our first home together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Plymouth, NZ

March 2015

Manawatu Gorge